Day 1 : Marrakech – Tizi’n’Tichka – Ait Benhaddou – Dades gorges
We will depart from Marrakech at 07:00 and cross the magnificent Tichka pass(2260 m. of altitude), the highest mountain pass in North Africa. Our descent will take us to Telouet with its beautiful kasbah of Glaoui pacha for a guided tour and on to Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou which is a UNESCO heritage site where we will have lunch and a guided tour of this magnificent kasbah. We will continue on to traverse the Valley of Roses and El Kelaa M’Gouna before arriving to our destination of Dades Valley for dinner and a good night’s rest in a comfortable hotel.
Day 2: Dades–Toghdra – Tinhrir – Erfoud -Merzouga
We will make an early start to admire the fantastic Dades Gorges and drive along a beautiful track to arrive to Todra Gorges. From there we will descend to Tinegherir for lunch, and then on to Erfoud and Rissani before reaching the dunes of Merzouga in the late afternoon. Upon our arrival, camels will be awaiting us for a two hour ride to our camp in the desert sand. Our accommodation will be in tents with comfortable beds and WC. We will enjoy our dinner in the desert camp, ensconced among the sand dunes of the Sahara.
Day 3: Merzouga- Nkoub – Zagora – M’Hamid
We will ride our camels back to Mergouza in the morning, and make our way to a hotel for breakfast and a shower. Our route to M’Hamid will take us along Dakar track in a 4×4, with a break for lunch along the way in Agdez. Arrival to Mhamid in the afternoon. Accommodation in a comfortable berber camp followed by dinner under the starry sky. The night will be spent in a cosy desert camp in the dunes of Erg Chegaga.
Day 4: M’Hamid-Zagora-Ouarzazate
We will depart M’Hamid after breakfast, and drive to Zagora for a visit in its beautiful palm grove. After lunch, we will begin the drive to Ouarzazate, with a mid-afternoon arrival. Dinner and a good nights sleep will be found in a Ouarzazate hotel or riad.
Day 5: Ouarzazate – Marrakech
After breakfast in Ouarzazate, we will visit the magnificent Kasbah Taourirt and the adjacent cinema studios where many movies have been made. After lunch we will again traverse the pass through the High Atlas Mountains for a final glimpse of this beautiful countryside and will arrive in Marrakech in the late afternoon.
- • Full Board or Half Board meal plan (starting with dinner on Day 01 and finishing with lunch on Day 05)
- • Accommodation in quality hotels, guesthouses and desert camps with WC and showers
- • Private transportation by insured 4×4 vehicle or minivan
- • Guided visits of all the mentioned monuments
- • Entrance fees for the monuments and local guides where needed
- • Lunches and dinners in quality restaurants/hotels
- • Soft drinks during the meals and refreshments in the vehicle throughout the trip
- • Camel rides in the desert
- • Assistance of Maroc Excursions during the whole circuit